BIPOSA is an association which includes:
• Ophthalmologists with a specialist interest in paediatric ophthalmology and strabismus
• Associate members including
• Doctors training in paediatric ophthalmology
• Research doctors and scientists with interests in paediatric ophthalmology and strabismus
• Optometrists with a particular interest in paediatric ophthalmology
• Honorary members
Instructions for application to become a member:
1. Read the guidelines relating to your speciality/grade (see below)
2. Fill in the General Information section of the application form
3. Fill in the part of the application form appropriate for your speciality/grade
4. Send it off! Your application will be assessed by the executive committee and if accepted you will be asked to complete a standing order mandate and information for the members directory.
Please note that membership is completed ONLY on receipt of payment of your membership subscription.
• Full medical members – £100/annum
• Full orthoptic members – £50/annum
• Associate members – £50/annum
Guidelines: (see byelaws)
1. Full Medical membership. Specialist Ophthalmologist practicing in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland with a significant sub-specialty interest in paediatric ophthalmology and/or strabismus as evidenced by their fellowship training, clinical practice, research and teaching to the satisfaction of the Executive Committee. 2. Full orthoptic membership.
3. Associate Membership.
• Training UK ophthalmologists currently completing or having completed a recognised Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus fellowship.
• Non- ophthalmic medical specialists with a significant involvement in paediatric ophthalmology and/or strabismus.
• Hospital optometrists with a significant paediatric interest.
• Paediatric ophthalmologists from other countries with a significant paediatric or strabismus practice to the satisfaction of the executive committee.
• Scientists with a significant research interest allied to paediatric ophthalmology or strabismus.
Honorary membership is by invitation or personal application.